Our Too-Much-Feasting Recovery Tonic
Over the holidays, we love to indulge. But the gourmand in us suffers after we feast at any event. Here we offer up our recipe to help sooth the ache of gluttony with our Too-Much-Feasting Recovery Tonic.
Too-Much-Feasting Recovery Tonic Recipe
- 3 sprigs mint
- 1 tbsp. fresh turmeric, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. bitters
- Place mint, turmeric, ginger, fennel and pepper in a litre measuring glass
- Muddle until the turmeric & ginger are broken into small bits
- Add vinegar, honey, bitters & 3 cups cold water
- Stir until the honey has dissolved
Serve chilled, allowing at least 1 hour in the fridge. NB: This is an overeater tonic, not a hangover cure!